This is a list of books I’ve read (or dipped in to) recently:
- Daniel T. Willingham – Why Don’t Students Like School?: A Cognitive Scientist Answers Questions About How the Mind Works and What It Means for the Classroom.
- Teach Like a Champion: 49 Techniques that Put Students on the Path to College.
- Doug Lemov – Practice Perfect: 42 Rules for Getting Better at Getting Better
- Matthew Syed – Bounce: Mozart, Federer, Picasso, Beckham, and the Science of Success
Carol Dweck – Mindset – Updated Edition: Changing The Way You think To Fulfil Your Potential
Andy Buck – Leadership Matters: How Leaders at All Levels Create Great Schools
- Daisy Christadou – Making Good Progress: The future of Assessment for Learning
Katharine Birbalsingh – Battle Hymn of the Tiger Teachers: The Michaela Way
- David Didau – What Every Teacher Needs to Know About Psychology
- Ross Morrison McGill – 100 Ideas for Secondary Teachers: Outstanding Lessons (100 Ideas for Teachers)
Sherrington, Tom – Teach Now! Science: The Joy of Teaching Science
- David Didau – What if everything you knew about education was wrong?
- Jim Collins – Good to Great
- Ross McGill – Mark, Plan, Teach
- Tom Sherrington – The Learning Rainforest: Great Teaching in Real Classrooms
- Paul Dix – When the Adults Change, Everything Changes: Seismic Shifts in School Behaviour
- Paul Dix – The Essential Guide to Taking Care of Behaviour: Practical Skills for Teachers (The Essential Guides)
- Peter C Brown – Make It Stick
Tom Sherrington has curated a really useful collection of essential reading here:
Tom Bennett also has a list: